February 8 (the second Monday of the month) is the 87th meeting for Systems Thinking Ontario. The registration is on Eventbrite at https://creative-systemic.eventbrite.ca.
Creative Systemic Research
There is variety in schools of thought across the systemic design community. Many approach from a top-down, abstract predisposition of a world that might be. An alternative approach builds from the bottom-up, in a longitudinal appreciation of the learning in which communities develop resilience.
The Creative Systemic Research Platform (CSRP) Institute leads with the bottom-up, longitudinal perspective. It aims to nurture localized scholarly communities, distributed across multiple peri-urban regional geographies. The work of mapping and investigating emerging economies is informed by activities that include creative expression in social complexity that produces communal well-being.
The CSRP Institute incorporated in late 2020 in an Italian Swiss canton. The initial practice base is at a farm in Terre d’Ebre, Spain. These locations provide opportunities to explore practices in smaller communities and terrains, in relation with historic land use and cultural wisdom.
The co-presidents of the CSRP Institute are Susu Nousala and Jelena Sucic.
- Susu Nousala as a professor with the College of Design and Innovation, Tongji University, Shanghai (People's Republic of China). She has previously had research positions at Aalto University (Finland), University of Melbourne (Australia), and Chiang Mai University (Thailand).
- Jelena Sucic is a researcher in systemic design and sustainable processes based in Switzerland. She previously led as the field specialist and project manager in the nascent research group, as she completed a double degree in the PoliTong project, completing a Master of Fine Arts in Product Service Service Design at Tongi University, simultaneously with a Master of Science in Systemic Design at Politecnico di Torino.
Susu and Jelena will be joining us in conversation via web conference, at significant time disadvantage. (At 6pm ET, they will start at midnight in Finland and Switzerland).
- The link for a Zoom conference will be sent upon preregistration.
- Unfortunately, due to the pandemic OCADU, sLab (Strategic Innovation Lab), 205 Richmond Street West, Room 410 is not available!
Related to Creative Systemic Research
- Nousala, Susu, Kim Blanca Galindo, David Romero, Xin Feng, and Pedro Aibeo. 2020. “Systemic Preconditions and Ontological Modeling for Peri-Urban Communities.” Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development (ahead-of-print). https://doi.org/10.1108/JCHMSD-05-2020-0074.
- Sucic, Jelena, Susu Nousala, and Pier Paolo Peruccio. 2019. “Introduction to: The Value of Living Systems Beyond a Price.” Art and Design 2 (3): 66. https://doi.org/10.31058/j.ad.2019.22009.
Bloggers are encouraged to write about their learning and experiences at the meeting. Links will be added to this page.