April 20 (the third Monday of the month, following Easter) is the 78th meeting for Systems Thinking Ontario. The registration is on Eventbrite at https://systems-thinking-practical-wisdom.eventbrite.com.
Systems Thinking and Practical Wisdom
Whom, when and where do Systems Changes situate? We won't necessary cover the whole agenda, but we have a complete set of slides that include:
- [preamble] Episteme, Techne, Phronesis (reordered)
- Intellectual Pursuits (Rethinking Systems Thinking)
- Systems changes as situated c.f. ideal-seeking
- A. Value(s), Judgment, Soft Systems Thinking
- Appreciative Systems (Vickers, Checkland)
- Policy, impacts and consequences of systems changes
- B. Service Systems (c.f. Production Systems)
- Science of Service Systems (Spohrer, Kijima)
- Material-products c.f. information-services as systems changes
- C. Socio-Technical Systems Perspective
- Tavistock Institute + Legacy (Trist, Emery, Ramirez)
- Coproduction and design principles guiding systems changes
For April, we'll continue with the online, modified program, following the agenda for a lecture in the Systemic Design course, of the master's program in Strategic Foresight & Innovation at OCADU. As in the March session, we still step through the slides slowly, and nurture a conversation that encourages participants to develop a personal appreciation through collective sensemaking.
- We will meet online. Please register on Eventbrite, and the web link will be sent to you.
Keeners may want to listen to the video or digital audio of the lecture at:
- Whom, when + where do Systems Changes situate? | February 22, 2020 at http://coevolving.com/blogs/index.php/archive/whom-when-where-do-systems-changes-situate/
Bloggers are encouraged to write about their learning and experiences at the meeting. Links will be added to this page.