March 16 (the third Monday of a month with 5 weeks) is the 77th meeting for Systems Thinking Ontario. The registration is at https://ecological-understanding.eventbrite.com.
Systems Thinking and Ecological Understanding
The prefix "eco-" is used in systems thinking and systems sciences in multiple ways:
- the socio-ecological systems perspective;
- (social-) ecological systems + panarchy;
- the ecosystem approach
These relate to an ecological understanding (epistemology) of the world, on a variety of primary systems of interest. What does that entail? Based on that understanding, might we intervene with willful action, or follow an non-intrusive path according to nature?
This Systems Thinking Ontario session will follow the agenda for a lecture in the Systemic Design course, of the master's program in Strategic Foresight & Innovation at OCADU. As in the February session, we still step through the slides slowly, and nurture a conversation that encourages participants to develop a personal appreciation through collective sensemaking.
- We've moved the meeting online to Zoom. Please contact David or Zaid if you don't have the link. We're not at OCADU, sLab (Strategic Innovation Lab), 205 Richmond Street West, Room 410
We will NOT cover all of the slides in the lecture presentation deck, and may defer topics for a subsequent meeting.
- "Why (Intervene in) Systems Changes? Errors, Attention and Traps through an Ecological Understanding" | David Ing | January 2020 at http://coevolving.com/commons/20200129-ocadu-systems-changes-errors-attention-traps .
- Blog post: "Why (Intervene in) Systems Changes?" | Feb. 15, 2020 at http://coevolving.com/blogs/index.php/archive/why-intervene-in-systems-changes/ includes web video and audio recordings.
Bloggers are encouraged to write about their learning and experiences at the meeting. Links will be added to this page.