August 19 is the twenty-ninth meeting for Systems Thinking Ontario. The registration is on Eventbrite.
Systems Thinking Summer Conferences Debriefings
In the international systems community, summer is a busy time for conferences. In the past few months, we've had:
- 59th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the Systems Sciences, Berlin, August 2-9
- ASC Symposium on Second Order Science, Berlin, August 5
- International Society of Industrial Ecology biannual conference, Guildford, UK, July 7-10
- Purplsoc: Pursuit of Pattern Languages for Societal Change, Krems, Austria, July 3-5
This session of Systems Thinking Ontario will have conference attendees share what they learned.
For the ISSS meeting:
For the ASC symposium:
For the ISIE conference:
For the Purplsoc conference:
||Self-introductions (15 seconds each)
- Who am I?
- Which affiliations do I have that might be relevant to systems thinking?
- How did I come to systems thinking?
- Peter Jones
- Allenna Leonard
- David Ing
||Double loop learning: Revisions in meeting format?
- Walk to Baldwin Street (north on McCaul Street, 0.5 km, (the pattern has been for Hana Korea or Noodle Face, both of which are quiet enough to talk)
- Continue discussion over dinner and/or drinks.
Bloggers are encouraged to write about their learning and experiences at the meeting. Links will be added to this page.